Over the past 8 weeks our team has tested Rich Snippets on a select group of sites. We’ve seen our CTR and organic rankings jump BIG TIME!!! On the sites that don’t have Rich Snippets, using the same SEO techniques, we saw very little movement. Bottom line: Rich Snippets, when used properly, have a significant impact on organic traffic.
Here’s what a Rich Snippet looks like:
Here’s a few solid tips on how to use Rich Snippets to improve CTR:
1. Install a Rich Snippet on your site and test to see if you have it installed properly. Here’s Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool.
2. Lock in a compelling author that is dedicated to creating original, compelling content daily. Another option is to find a celebrity “author” and have somone ghostwrite original, compelling content on their behalf.
3. Have your author spend several hours a day posting, connecting, and adding content on Google+.
4. Link all of your sites to your Google+ account.
5. Create a group for the main keyword you’re trying to rank for.
6. Invite people to that group that are associated with that keyword.
7. Join groups that are associated with the keyword that you are trying to rank for.
8. Have conversations with people in groups that are associated with the keyword you’re trying to rank for.
9. Use a good Author picture to increase CTR. It’s to my understanding that you have to use a picture of a real human being. Google isn’t allowing company logos etc.
Through our A/B tests we’re seeing huge results with Rich Snippets.
NOTE: Backlink building is still critical to ranking online. Most important though is to build links through 100% natural advertising: non-paid guest posting, press releases, earned media, etc.